9 ways to use paper scraps

wine tag

I couldn't resist—just one more to top off the week. This is a simple wine tag that uses the same style and technique as the projects I posted this week. The only difference is that the two strips of scraps are overlapping and one side of each is not trimmed. Use the blank space to stamp a sentiment or write a message. Easy!

Steps:
- Cut a rectangle that is 2 12" x 6 1/2" (6cm x 16cm)
- Use a circle punch that is at least 1 3/4" (4cm) wide. Punch a hole about 1/2" (13mm) from the top edge of the tag.
Optional: Using a corner punch round off the top two corners of the tag.
- Make and attach the bottom strip of scraps first (use the technique shown in my wall art project)
- Make a second strip of scraps that overlaps the first strip.
- Add a sentiment and you're done!

• • •

Just to summarize here are other ideas where you can use scraps and strips of paper:
- Gift tags: simple tags part 1, simple tags part two, tree gift tag (can you tell I love tags?)
- For gift wrapping decor
- Cards
- Poinsetta (can become a daisy with round edged petals)
- 3D Numbers (letters would work too)
- Wall art

Now you can't tell me I haven't given you some ideas for small projects that you can do within minutes. Right?
• • •

I don't know about you but I'm ready for the weekend. Bring it on!
Have a great one everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment