autumn tree gift tag tutorial

I believe it was about two years ago that I made a very simple series of gift tag projects during the fall. I enjoyed working on them because they were quick and they gave me some crafty time that I many not have had otherwise.

I'm going to start up another series of simple projects. Instead of my usual photo tutorials, I'm going to make short videos. As a warm up, I worked on a simple autumn themed gift tag to welcome the first day of the season.

For those of you with more experience, please keep in mind that some of the steps are very basic. I've taken the approach of assuming that beginners would find this more useful. The other thing is that there are no fancy cutters or tools in this tutorial. I want to keep the gadgets to a minimum — no huge investments here.


This is only the second video I make and I know there are many issues to be conquered (editing, lighting, maybe the addition of some music etc. etc.) so please bear with me. If you don't mind watching me stumble a bit, these videos will also be a great way for me to learn something new.

I feel like I'm talking rather slow in this video so I'll definitely be speeding things up for the next one. More editing to make the project go faster will also be a priority. If you have any helpful suggestions or critiques I'd be happy to hear them too.

Here we go...

18 comments:

  1. I really like the video, it as well done and I don't think you were stumbling! Also, I don't think you need to speed up your talking otherwise we won't be able to follow it. Since this is your second video, I have to go look up your first one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making such a great tutorial! I agree with comment above, speed of speech is perfect! Great project, I'm gonna try it this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tutorial
    I think you did a very nice job at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about doing some videos (how to handcut homemade noodles). I need to just get over myself and put them up.

    But, you on the other hand, did a great job. I think the speed is just right.

    Thanks so much! I'll be looking forward to more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia, thanks a lot for the video, its perfect :)

    I am certainly going to try to make this, and will post a link when I’m done – assuming I don’t lose any digits LOL! … I’m a bit of a klutz. Cant wait for you book to come to try some more of your cool projects

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your tutorial is brilliant! I didn't notice any "weaknesses" (lighting, etc.), and you make it look so do-able!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! This is gorgeous. I love the rustic feel you mentioned in the tutorial and how versatile the project is, especially with the tree design - cooler colors could definitely carry this project into winter! I'm on a wax/tracing paper kick right now, so maybe I can incorporate that into a similar gift tag project. My wheels are turning!

    The video was perfection. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Thanks for the tutorial!! Very nice idea for a gift tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I enjoyed the pace of it- it made it more real to see sections of the video in "real time" versus just end results- especially since it does take time to make all of those papercuts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great video and a beautiful project. Thanks so much so sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great! Very clear and helpful. One tip that I caught from other youtube tutorials was to rotate the video 180 degrees in the video editor. The resulting clip looks like the viewer is looking over your shoulder instead of from the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love handmade items to go on gifts. It just adds another special element. Thanks for the great video!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia,

    Good job! It's fun to see you in action!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very kewl! Thanks for sharing.

    I really like your site and the style of your projects. I look forward to your posts. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this. Thanks for the easy to folllw tutorial. I just made two cards using this technique. Here's the link, if you want to check them out:

    http://ninabdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/09/moxie-fab-gradient-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love the video! It's always fun to see crafters like this! I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. why can't i see the video ??
    nevermind but i really like the tree tag a lot ~it's simple and nice . i've got some nem inspiration from your blog too~ nice XD

    ReplyDelete
  18. merci beaucoup, je me suis inspirée de votre création pour en faire un marque page. Si vous voulez le voir allez sur madebymlle.canalblog.com
    Vous avez un très beau blog et de belles réalisations. bonne continuation!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!