2008 - a great year



I can't complain. 2008 was a great year. Really great and full of firsts. I thought it would be nice to put together a mosaic similar to the one I did for last year's work. As I selected these pictures I noticed that 'firsts' seemed to be a big theme this year:

- Paper: first series of gift boxes, first article in Craft (or in any magazine for that matter), first inclusion in a design book with other artists, first article in Craft Stylish, first paper illustration on the cover of a magazine.

- Sewing: my first skirt, first tie, first bootie, first fabric design (definitely a laughable list to all you sewing mavens out there, but a big feat for me)

- Photography: first inclusion in a magazine (the photo of my recycled paper rose) - come to think of it I never blogged about that, first photo gig with my brother & future sister-in-law

My biggest first of all, my book, isn't included here simply because I can't show you. It is definitely the project that will mark this year for me. Big time. I can now relax because as of a week ago it is in the printer's hands. Yes!

As you may have noticed, my blog didn't include that many tutorials this year. You can blame my book for that. After writing 33 projects it was rather difficult to come up with the time to write more. They will be making a stronger come back next year—but not necessarily in my blog

I have exciting ideas for 2009. I've been working on my goals list this week and it's looking good and more importantly, realistic. I'm focusing my them around what I really and truly love to do. Sounds like something I should've been doing for a long time but sometimes I can really get scattered. I'm a victim of having too many ideas floating around in my head. The list will definitely help keep me on track.

I will be taking the next few days off to be with my family. So far there are no exciting plans for New Year's Eve. We'll see. Nothing would beat what my brother and his girlfriend came up with. They took off three days ago to Paris and Geneva for the holiday! How fun is that!?

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you that visit my blog, for all the comments, lovely emails, and the enormous amounts of support that you give me. I truly, truly appreciate it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I hope that 2009 brings you and your families many happy moments and new adventures. Happy New Year!

8 comments:

  1. you were one of the first people i found in this big blog world some 18 months ago, and inspire me greatly on a creative as well as business level. thanks for all that you share with us.

    happy new year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you too! Congrats on the book and all your "firsts". Was a great year of firsts for us too and I look forward to incorporating some of my design work into the company. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for a year of beautiful and amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing year my dear...I hope 2009 is equally exciting! xo t

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this blog and it's content. It has own characteristic, unique but nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year to you too Patricia!! as always, you provided us with yet another great year of projects and inspiration...can't wait to see what you have in store for us in 2009. besos querida!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful photo collection of your beautiful work. Looking forward to more lovelies in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just found your blog and love it. happy new year to you! i want to tackle sewing a skirt this year!

    ReplyDelete