I just love linen



I just finished this a few minutes ago. I made it for fun - for this. The design popped into my head as soon as I read about the contest several weeks ago. I'm happy because it came out exactly as I imagined it. Unfortunately, I doubt one bootie will get me very far in the contest but that's ok. I also made it to get away from what I'm really supposed to be working on. This is one of those side projects I jump into to give my mind a mental cartwheel. After this little break I'm hoping it will be easier to concentrate on the real task at hand.

And yes, I'm still on my internet hiatus - ha! As you can tell, I'm not being as good as I could be but I'm working on it.

See you next week!

Edit :: If you also like working with linen I just created a made with linen flickr group. Come join us here.

I'm this week's Craft Sanity sponsor. Of course, I plan this when my wall art, which is what I receive the most requests for, is at an all time low (one piece left). I guess that'll have to do for now. I love Jennifer's podcast because of her laid back interview style and because of everything we learn about her guests. I rarely listen to her show without some project or other in my hands. If you're curious check it out here.

21 comments:

  1. I love it! Simple with a splash of color. Plus the linen gives it a bit of detail that I think would have been lost with another fabric. I hope you do well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. Thanks for starting up the Made With Linen flickr pool - bound to be a great one.

    And how did I not have your blog on my bloglines when everything you make is just so perfect. I've rectified that immediately and will look forward to visiting your archives when I have a quiet moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patricia! I LOVE it! And I love the flickr group. Aren't we all linen-obsessed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable! I love the little bit of color :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so sweet! Hefty competition. I made mine out of felted sweaters. But there is no chance for me, so many creative minds. But is was so much fun to try something out of my realm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super adorable AND stylish!

    Thanks for introducing me to crafty sanity - can't believe I haven't found this one till now. I just got totally sucked in scrolling through it all. Can't wait to start listening through all the podcasts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This little bootie really stands out in the Micheal Miller Flickr group! Really elegant...

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just precious! Like a little jewel. I hope you can find the time to make another. They'd look just as nice on a shelf as on a dear little baby's tootsie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable! I love linen too and the stitching is a nice shot of color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love linen too.. It is so nice to work with... Your bootie is so cute:)
    shellys.hut@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love it. So simple, and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That would make one stylish baby wearing a pair of those. So gorgeous and I love the clean, simple design and the the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really enjoy jennifer's podcast too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much everyone! Who knew one little bootie would elicit such response. Do I have a career in sewing?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I havn't even seen the other entries but I declare yours the winner! BTW love, love, love the linen flickr group.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that's just beautiful, you never know one bootie of beauty maybe just enough to win. Good luck, I love the blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just checked out your linen flickr group and love it! Linen is my fabric of choice for many projects. I really like your site and photography!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How sweet--it seems just right.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oooooooh! when you win? can there be a pattern? that's just the kind of simplicity that would make a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete