what I didn't say earlier



Warning - Mushy moment up ahead.

I posted just after midnight last night and I guess I wasn't really in the mood of saying what I really have had on my mind all week. I've been making a mental inventory of what I've experienced over the last year and I have to say that I'm very grateful to be where I am at this time in my life. We're all healthy and happy, my career has taken unexpected turns (good ones - of which many of you have been a part of - thank you!) and I feel more fulfilled with my day-to-day living. There has been no magic formula involved. With some elbow grease things have been rolling along. The prize we earn as we age, of feeling more comfortable in our own skin, may have also played a part in all this. I think when you're more sure of yourself, you become more receptive to the opportunities that surround you and you're less afraid to dream, or even ask for, what you really want.

I know many people visit my blog for the projects and ideas that I post (not for my "profound" writing skills) but I just felt I needed to write this tiny interlude. I'm not taking anything for granted and I'm very thankful. This just needed to be said. It needed to be out there.

The roses in the photo are the first thing I saw today, as my husband and children sang Happy Birthday to wake me up in the morning. You can't beat waking up like that.

19 comments:

  1. That was beautifully said. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous red rose. Beautiful words. Gratitude is so contagious! Hearing you talk about the things that really matter to you makes me feel very grateful. I too so appreciate that flow where we become open (and ready for) new opportunities. And that really happens from letting go. Very cool. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm just thankful you share your wonderful talent and voice. happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. patricia... we are grateful for you.... :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!! Wish you great years ahead

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do read your blog for projects and ideas, but it was nice to read these thoughts. I am glad you shared and happy birthday, you seem very happy! Congratulations on all of your success...you work hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, very well said. You deserve all the happiness in the world and your wonderful talent will take you to great heights! Happy Belated Birthday Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I visit your blog for inspiration and today you just inspired me in a different way. Thanks.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy, happy birthday patricia! you are a constant source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Patricia! Your blog is always an inspiration and you are the sweetest person who is deserving of all the good things that are coming to you now!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! I wish you another year full of success and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oops! that was me Natalie who posted that above. my mouse was too fast and clicked the wrong button.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post! I hope you had a wonderful birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday! What a lovely post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't been reading your blog for very long and I just love it, words AND ideas! Happy belated birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday. The roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Inspiration indeed! Thankyou for your beautiful words!
    Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  18. And here's a belated happy birthday to you. I just couldn't resit wishing you sweet things after reading such a lovely post.

    Sweet, belated things of course - may your birthday grins be felt anew everyday.

    ReplyDelete