I've had a fun week so far.
- I finished a logo project and have a happy client because of it (my favorite to do as far as graphic design is concerned)
- I made some progress with my book manuscript and put together some of the projects (fun!)
- I shopped for paper and artsy stuff (drool)
- I sent out several orders for my shop (yeah!)
- I made a skirt for my goddaughter this afternoon (cool challenge while sweating bullets to meet the deadline)
About the skirt - It was a careful-what-you-wish-for kind of thing (read last sentence of this post). My goddaughter will be in a play on Friday ( The King and I). She didn't have a costume and one couldn't be found. The situation was so desperate that I offered to sew and her mom was crazy enough to accept my offer (she doesn't own a sewing machine). Knowing me, isn't that just hilarious? I was supposed to have a couple of days to make it, or at a minimum, a whole evening. Well, this afternoon we all found out it was needed for dress rehearsal tomorrow morning. Talk about panic attack! Fortunately I had already purchased the fabric and had a mini-mental plan as to how I was going to put the whole thing together.
When I was about to start, my little C was begging for some entertainment. My solution was to ask her if she wanted to help me sew. She pulled up a small stool and very enthusiastically took on the role of pedal pusher (her idea). After yelling 'stop' and 'go' for an endless amount of times we got the job done in about an hour. I'd have to say we did a decent job for the time we had and without the use of a pattern. D took the photo of me trying on the skirt and now it has been picked up and will be making its debut tomorrow. Phew!
As of a few minutes ago, I can add that a fun week also happens to include my birthday. Today I'm a year older but I still feel at least a decade younger than I really am. I hope that I'll always feel that way!