weekend of art

I didn't realize until just now that it had been several days since my last post. The days are simply flying by! The weekend was specially nice because we got to go to the Bayou City Art Festival where we always have fun. I didn't get a chance to see everything I wanted to see but at least we where there. A 3yr old's priorities are not necessarily in tune with walking around slowly and appreciating the surroundings. Little C kept tugging us along to go faster! lol.

The festival had a wonderful kids area where there where different projects to work on. D chose to work with colored chalk.



Little C worked with clay



I loved the clay they gave little C so much that I asked for the recipe. Here it is:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of salt
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- Food coloring

If dough is too sticky, add flour. If it's too dry add more water.
This clay can be baked for 25 min. at 300 degrees to make it set permanently.

I finished this piece - Three Trees - and it's available on my site now.



And our yard is showing us signs that spring is really here. This was yesterday.



This was this morning.



And now to work! ;)

EDIT: Wow! That was fast! The trees are now sold. Thank you! I have more on the way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment