simple monday: use what you have

happy earth day

Happy Earth Day everyone!

I'm the first to admit that my love for paper can be a bit over the top at times but that doesn't mean I splurge a whole lot. I tend to be on the conservative side and really try to use what I have. The fun and awesome thing about paper is that scraps are still very, very useful.

happy earth day

Today's card is made completely from scraps—and let me tell you that after making the boxes and cards below (for the first communion celebration of a friend's daughter) I have plenty of white and pink paper scraps to go on forever! I cut the tree with my cutting machine but all the leaves are cut by hand and glued to the tree one at a time.

The tree is attached to the card using foam dots to give it more dimension and contrast since it's white-on-white.

Color is awesome but isn't white just so beautiful?

first comunion invitations


first comunion favor boxes

PS - I've been absent because I'm crazy busy with work for Surtex and other side projects. I'd rather stay away from the blog when things get like this. You wouldn't want to hear about the same thing over and over again, right? Hopefully things will get a little more normal once I get back (it's only 4 weeks away - yikes!). In the meantime I work on!

Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment