inspiration: the little book of lettering

I was so excited to share the flower with you yesterday that I forgot to post about my inspiration for this week!

Little Book of Lettering by Emily Gregory
I was shopping at Paper Source one day and I stumbled upon this little gem of a book. Love it. It's like a well curated typography treasure and it couldn't have come at a better time. I'm positive it will inspire projects to come.

The designers that are showcased are all very varied. I really like that there are three distinct chapters to help you look for a particular idea or inspiration piece.


chapter 1 | digitally drawn lettering | work by jessica hische


chapter 2 | hand-drawn and illustrated lettering | work by nate edwards


chapter 3 | three-dimensional lettering | work by yulia brodskaya


Emily Gregory is also the author of a beautiful blog called The Daily Smudge. A visit there will surely inspire you as well. That's where I found the amazing video below.

Happy Friday everyone!


Revolution ( Life Cycle of a Drop of Water). from Chris Turner on Vimeo.

4 comments:

  1. That was pretty cool and I love all the lettering! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a book I would really enjoy! Thank you for sharing and for that video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for your kind comments and so happy you liked the book. Great to stumble on your lovely blog too :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!