grateful about...

fairy tales

Aside from the obvious (the Just Bits on the right side of this post)...

- I have a table of goodies at Poppytalk Handmade. I haven't sold anything that needs to be put in the mail in so long. It's fun to send goodies out vs. sending an email for a change. Visit my table and see the work of other great artists here.

- Saturday night was the school fundraiser and silent auction. My contribution to the decoration of the evening was inspired by this. My version was nowhere as beautiful. The painting that I made with little C's third grade class sold for $580—not too bad for someone that doesn't feel very confident about paint.

- I'm designing a very cool logo that has more illustration work to go along with it. It's a really interesting project.
   

- I'm very excited that I'll be teaching a class at the Altitude Summit! Sign ups for my class opened today. I hope to see some of you there. It's going be great to see so many online familiar faces.

- Rain. It's raining a little more frequently (about once every couple of weeks). It's seems unreal that I'm so grateful about that. But in typical Texas fashion when I say rain I really mean severe downpour. Texas weather can be best described as a feast or famine situation.

How about you? What are you grateful for?

paper bloom

5 comments:

  1. Oh, if only I were going to Alt! I would so take your class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you post a picture of the auction project? I'm helping with ours and need some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you Jennie! We must meet some day! :)

    Sarah - It looks something like the one on the link below (the teacher remembered that project and wanted me to do it again). It turned out much better this year because I didn't use any yellow in the flower petals (just red and black). The background also has much less yellow in it. I'll post the photos when I'm not in crazy mode like today! :)
    http://alittlehut.blogspot.com/2005/10/happy-halloween.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I was so excited to see your class yesterday when I was updating my Alt registration =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Joy! I'm excited to be joining such a great group of people! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!