christmas paper quilt and boxes

christmas boxes

So here it is! You had to know this was coming, right? I've been planning it for weeks and weeks. I kept changing my mind about some of the designs. In the end I think I accomplished what I wanted—something fun, contemporary and versatile. I wanted to include some boxes that can be used even after the holidays have come and gone.

I want to use the houses for a house warming gift or the stripes for a birthday with contrasting ribbon or something like that.

I always show my designs to the kids while I'm working on them. I like to do that because they point out  things that are so obvious and that I don't see because I've been so absorbed in the project. I was lucky that this time they saw exactly what I was hoping they'd see when I hung the Christmas Paper Quilt on the wall.

"Oh, you're working on Christmas!" = Perfect!

christmas paper quilt

I have other holiday goodies coming but I really couldn't wait to unveil this one. I'm going to make small 3" box covers and putting them in this frame this weekend. I can't wait to see what it looks like!

You can find my Christmas Paper Quilt in the shop now!
[The shop is finally sporting my revised logo. I am my own worst client!]

• • •

Friday Tidbits
- More of my work is now on Lettering Delights. See it here!
- Mia Liu - I love, love this paper mural. Amazing. Her whole portfolio basically blows my mind.
- This project caught my eye this week. Vases, paint and rubber bands! So simple and stylish at the same time.

Have a great weekend everyone!

christmas boxes

13 comments:

  1. wow wow wow. stunning, as always, nice work patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this morning I opened an email from Lettering Delights and who did I find in the email? YOU! What a surprise! =) And full of wonderful info and design as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really nice designs... I'll try to install my craft robo then I'll be back to buy your patterns =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really lovely, so modern and clean looking. Love them with the coloured paper behind, it really sets the design off

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a neat idea. I love how clean the designs look

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! My favorites are the ornaments and the peppermint candy... it's just too bad that, being Jewish, I don't have much of a need for Christmas pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! I have been a fan of your work and ideas for a long time. I just looooove your work. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The candy canes are genius! Way to go making regular shapes and objects new and fresh :)

    aimee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these, but I'm nervous about being able to do a good job cutting all the curved lines. Do you have any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan - It really isn't as difficult as it may seem. If you have a fresh blade and just take it slow it's very doable!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!