inspiring break

The kids were on their spring break last week. The change in routine is alwasy a bit of a jolt but a great time to recharge. We visited museums, thoroughly enjoyed the awesome weather and I sketched every night like I hadn't done in a while.

This is my favorite time of the year to enjoy the outdoors.
walk in the park

Sea creatures are a new inspiration...
sealife

Fossils too.
textures

The aquarium was a hit but the sharks were the obvious favorites.
acquarium

Today I'm back at work, inspired and full of new ideas. I can't wait to get started. I feel like I'm on the cusp of a new wave. I don't what type of work will come of it but I know it's coming.

3 comments:

  1. I love doing things out of the norm (when they are on my terms, of course), it's like a breath of fresh air!

    I love love aquariums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been inspired by animal textures (furs, skins, patterns) and sea life, especially (the colours, shapes and singular forms!), lately, too. They offer great exercise for one's imagination and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree tunnel is amazing. Shame it's in the US not the UK!! ;)

    Sorry to be so late in posting a comment on this post... I've just subscribed to you news feed and it's pulled up the last 25 or so posts!! Great reading though!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!