inspired

Yesterday, during a little break from everything, I visited Gennine's blog and was particularly engrossed in this video of her stamp making process. She is so very talented and always inspires me. She does everything I can not. I really admire her painting abilities.

I remember taking a watercolor class in college and quickly finding that I didn't have much patience for it. The irony is that papercutting illicits a "how do you have the patience to do that!" comment from many. Go figure.



As I watched Gennine, I completed a very simple thank you card for a friend. Would you believe that I had to borrow my kids coloring pencils? I couldn't find mine and that made me realize how long it's been since I've used them—so sad. I hope you don't get bored of my leaves. I happen to be using them in upcoming products for my shop.

5 comments:

  1. I watched that video too- she truly is talented, but so are you- I love when people are good at what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the leaves! And I used to paint and draw all the time. I miss it. Can't wait until the kids are older so we can do art projects together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute! I love the leaves! I too haven't touched watercolor in the longest time! The results are pretty, but I agree - it takes so much patience, because you need to wait for each layer to dry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only just re-discovered the joy of coloring pencils earlier this year and now I'm hooked! Exactly the same thing, I started out nicking them off my daughter and decided I better buy some of my own!
    Those leaves are very beautiful, and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the leaves...they are a very satisfying shape! Like you, I have NO patience for watercolors. What's up with us papercutters?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!