back... again

I'm so excited to start a new week. The last few days we have been trading germs around here and our spring break was very uneventful. I'm ready to get going again.



I got these flowers (ahem... weeds from our obliging yard) from my sweet little C to make me feel better. She gives them to me with such pride and heartfelt emotion. Really sweet, mushy moment. Upon closer inspection, I was surprised at how pretty the flowers actually are. Each one is no wider than a penny.



Saturday we finally got some sun as we got ourselves out for the last weekend of the Houston Rodeo. This 'farm' was part of a cute set up for kids that helped them explain the cycle of planting, harvesting and selling a crop. We were among the least looking Texan families out there. There isn't a single cowboy boot or hat in this house. Some people look great in them. I think I'd look odd.

Today the kids went back to school and the house felt really empty. I didn't realize it would be so hard to jump back into my routine.

10 comments:

  1. Those flowers/weeds are beautiful. So delicate in form and colour. It's amazing how much detail can fit into something so small, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. those flowers are so adorable. even if they are "weeds". i love the photo of the barn as well. great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers ("Weeds" sounds way too harsh)! Be sure to send some up with the birds flying north, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these weeds are a bulb (very agressive bulb) called ornithogalum, or star of bethlehem. I love them, even if they are weedy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right, those flowers are unexpectedly cute. For some reason they remind me of dainty little teacups.

    We missed the Rodeo this year. The two times we had planned to go over the month, it was raining. Booo! Oh well, next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost resent that. I am VERY Texan but don't listen to country or wear flannel or cowboy boots.

    I miss those flowers. We don't get them up here in NM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I lived in Texas in high school I was the only one of my friends who didn't have a hat or boots. Of course I was transplanted from Oregon, so I had an excuse. I still remember how all of the cheerleaders had cowgirl boots in every color of the rainbow. I, instead, wore doc martens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jessie - I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying that! I know that boots and a cowboy hat don't make anyone a Texan (or not). My kids are Texas born and raised and I'm very proud of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plants are only weeds when you don't want them to grow there. Even a rose could be a weed if it's growing in your daffodil patch. So if you want your little one to be able to pick those sweet blooms, then they are flowers, plain and simple. How sweet of her to get them for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was about to comment that the picture of the little white onion flowers brought me all the way back to my childhood spent near Sealy, and then saw that you're in Houston! I didn't realize that's where you were based. I'm not really a cowgirl either- I only wore boots to the rodeo, never any other time- but I do miss H-town something fierce.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!