recycle project no. 13 - to-do list holder

Remember my recycle projects? I miss them! So here's a new one.

When it comes to lists I'm still more of a pen + paper kind of gal. I needed a little something to keep the small ones more organized. A scrap of linen, a small piece of chip board that I had in my scrap drawer, some ironing and a glue gun was all that I needed to make this to-do list holder. I wanted something firm to write on and compact enough to tuck into a handbag. The sheets I will write on will be index cards or cut down sheets of paper from my recycle stash.



I cut the chip board slightly larger than a small index card and used only one piece of fabric for the whole project. The fabric is about 2 1/2 times wider than the chip board and about twice as long.



The backside (on the right) is a little bumpy because of the fabric on the corners but I can cover that up with a colorful piece of card stock or with extra index cards.






I think the photos are self-explanatory but if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them in the comments section.

Variations -
- Print or embroider something on your fabric before using it for this. I just remembered that I have a block printed tree on another scrap of linen that would've been perfect for this. I would've used it as a decorative touch for the back area.
- For those of you that sew - I can see a small zipper pouch working with something like this. One side should have the folded over edges to hold the paper. A secured chip board inside of the pouch (attached with velcro?) will offer the firmness needed for writing. The pouch can be a great place for coupons, receipts, etc.

Happy Monday!

12 comments:

  1. As an obsessive list-maker, this project is perfect for the rainy Tuesday I'm having! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project - thank you! I love the idea of a coupon pocket on the back. I can also see a small loop being added to hold a pen or pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome!
    The loop is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice project!
    thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea! I scribble my to-do-lists on paper as well and this is a good way to keep everything contained and ready to go at the same time... Of course I would print leaves all over my cover. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! what another great project from the lady who knows what to do when it comes to recycling. You're really good. Just wanna tell you that I blogged about it on my blog. Thanks.
    http://nathaliebrault.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea for making
    list-maker.So many of us need to do this.I gotta make one for my hubby too.Love this idea thank you for sharing it with us all.
    awesome!!
    hugs ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea! I always have old paper sitting around and I never know what to do with it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, and handy, Thanks, I'm a paper and pencil kinda gal.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll echo the others who've said this is a great idea!

    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm going to have to try this!!! I am also a compulsive list-maker. I'd love to make one with the extras...I'm new to sewing & haven't even tried a zipper yet!

    ReplyDelete