Experiment - Part One

I've been away for a few days haven't I? Family, work and other things got in the way of blogging once again. C'est la vie.

I've been itching to tackle an idea I had the other day and I finally got started on it this morning. I want to see what the combination of a block print and embroidery looks like. For this project I'm going to be using a block print that was originally going to be used for one of my cards and was never included because I wasn't crazy about it. I think I can make it look a little more interesting with thread. We'll see if that's true. The fabric (if you can call it that) is actually a flour sack that I found at the grocery store one day. I bought it because I had this crazy idea of making puppets with them for the kids. Don't ask me why I even thought of that because I have no clue myself! It was the epitome of an impulse purchase.

Here are the shots of the process I have so far. I'm waiting for the ink to dry...

No comments:

Post a Comment