Experiment - done!







So here are the results of me combining a little bit of embroidery and a block print. I'm no embroidery expert by any means so I'm really happy with the way this turned out. This gives me an incentive to try something a little more involved. I think this project was a lot of fun because I really didn't plan it much. The idea popped into my head and I just went for it. When I do the oppposite (trying too hard) things just don't work out.

BTW I just posted a very cool interview with Lisa Congdon over at Crafty Synergy.

Oh...and lately I'm addicted to this!!! Addicted I tell you.

10 comments:

  1. very, very cute. i love it all framed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Patricia. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely idea! It makes me want to get my block printing back out and work on something. I love mixing media. It brings a richness to the craft. Beautiful! -http://mlesnapshot.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! So simple and beautiful. And, ironically, it combines two things that I've recently bought all the stuff to work on, but haven't actually had time to do!!! I bought some stuff to bulk up my supply of print-making materials so that I could work on trying linoleum prints again. AND I've been trying to teach myself how to embroider because I think it could really be fun & funky if done right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you everyone! :)
    Mary - I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea! Looks great, I hope you do more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, now i am on a roll with your blog. i just discovered it this evening and i love what you are doing with embroidery. i may just have to try this some time soon. that is after the holidays.

    great work i love this one.

    ReplyDelete