boxes & bows - a different perspective

Today I have a little surprise for you! I'm very happy to introduce Lowri McNabb to you. She will be a monthly guest here and as an avid and talented paper crafter she will be helping me to show you a different take on my files and projects (check out her version of my Hanging Frame and Note Holder!). I'm very happy to have her here!

You can learn a little more about her here and on her PaperVine blog. Without further ado... here's Lowri!
• • •

Hi everyone – Lowri here to show you a few ideas using the Ribbon Handle Boxes and Assorted Bows Cutting files.

Ribbon Handle Boxes



I have used the lovely Everyday Moments Collection from Teresa Collins to create these boxes. The papers and almost all the decoration you see (with the exception of the ribbon) are from this Collection.


These little Parisian style boxes would be perfect gift holders for little bath salts or other small toiletry items.


Attaching a ribbon to the boxes is easy – but you can also leave the top plain or use a brad either on its own or through a piece of chipboard for extra dimension as shown below.


The detailing in these files is beautiful, and the boxes look just as lovely on the inside as on the outside when you use double sided scrapbook paper.


When you purchase these files – you will get detailed instructions, and if you are unsure of how to assemble these – check out Patricia’s great You Tube video here.


Assorted Bows



These ribbon bows files are simply gorgeous and I have done something a little different with these smaller bows. I have cut the bottom, larger layer from the Teresa Collins papers, but the top layer has been cut from an acetate sheet (these pieces were cut from a Kaisercraft “Four Corners” sheet).


This was easy to do on my Cameo, and though the cut-out pieces may need a little prizing from the sheet (use a fingernail to break through the sheet), if you do this carefully they will not tear. These bows would be fabulous for jazzing up some birthday gifts and I am definitely going to store this idea away for Christmas too!

I hope you have enjoyed these ideas –swing by my blog here for heaps of papercraft inspiration and tutorials. Please post a comment with any questions.

• • •


LOWRI McNABB

Hi – I’m Lowri McNabb and I live on a vineyard in beautiful Marlborough, New Zealand with my husband and 3 young children. I have dabbled in a number of crafts over the years, but nothing has ever captured my interest like papercrafting has. I started out creating an album after my first child was born and I have been hooked ever since.

I am thrilled to be teaming up with Patricia and A Little Hut. I love Patricia’s design aesthetic and I hope to bring a slightly new twist to her designs by showcasing them using the latest products from the scrapbooking world.

My blog is called PaperVine and it is packed full of papercrafting ideas and tutorials with the odd kids craft and cooking tip thrown in! Please swing by and introduce yourself – I look forward to meeting you!

No comments:

Post a Comment