happy friday!

These are two books that I received in the last few days and they are so adorable. They're part of the same Make Good: Crafts + Life series that I mentioned a while back. The photography alone is beautiful and the projects are all very doable and sweet.



Felting for Baby: 25 Warm & Wooly Projects for the Little Ones in Your Life:
Isn't this cover adorable? I scared Mr. Z by saying that this book almost wants me want to have another baby. But no, I'll wait to be an auntie or for friends to have babies to work on any of the more specific baby projects. There are some that I could try now, like the: Felt Basket, Wall Pockets or Sachets. I love the simplicity of all the designs and the instructions are very clear. The how-to photos are excellent.

Carefree Clothes for Girls: 20 Patterns for Outdoor Frocks, Playdate Dresses, and More:
What I like about the designs in this book is that they aren't the typical types of clothes that I see little girls wearing. They have a rustic comfy feeling to them.The photography throughout makes me want to try making everything, but I'll probably start with something simple like the scarf. If these designs could convince my daughter that she looks beautiful in dresses that would be an added bonus. I won't be holding my breath though. I used to hate dresses too.

For more info about both books and many photos (which I'm sorry I didn't have time to take myself for a better review) visit Make Good Books.

Friday tidbits
Nathan Martell: I fell for his paper lamps that I saw on Design Milk and had to check out the rest of his work. I love it all.

A Lego a Day: I just found this blog this week and even though the year long project is completed it's still a fun place to visit. I find myself digging deeper and deeper into the archives. We are big Lego lovers in this house!

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment