all that shines

Here is the result of a random request from little C. She asked me for a crown for her small stuffed penguin. Hmm. Ok. Five minutes later, plus 15min for drying, these were the results. I used a scrap strip of paper that wasn't more than a couple of inches wide and about the length of a letter-sized page. I eyeballed it and cut the curves freehand, sprayed the paper with adhesive spray and sprinkled a handful of glitter on it and used one staple to seal the ends together. If I could please my daughter as easily with all of her requests I'd be in heaven.



For the record I'm not really a glitter type person (gasp say all glitter lovers everywhere) and yet this is the second glittered crown I make. The first was much bigger. I made if for my D's Wise Man's school costume in December. Instead of paper I used cardstock and it held up perfectly. That's why I am the owner of a bottle of Martha Stewart glitter and that's why little C knew exactly what she wanted.

In the interest of full disclosure - The day I bought the gold glitter I couldn't stop my hand from grabbing the clear glitter. I used a bit on our Christmas cards. So, ok you got me. Maybe glitter does have a purpose in my life.



Small shop update :: I've received several emails from customers interested in a smaller format of my alphabet flash cards. I finally got a chance to resize all my artwork so they are now available in the shop. Each flash card is now 1/4 of a letter-sized page and very handy for little hands.
• • •

Check out the site of one my husband's cousins. We just found out he rents out 'fincas' (ranch style vacation homes) in different areas in Colombia. If we go next year the hardest thing will be to pick the city to visit.

For those of you that have never been or seen anything related to Colombia, aside from all the bad stuff we all know about, please take a few seconds to view the video on the home page. It really is a beautiful country with warm and hard working people.

No comments:

Post a Comment