rainy day

A little bit of sewing. I finished the coasters! For all you sewing experts out there, I know this isn't terribly exciting but for me, the novice, it is. Trust me. The mere fact that I've actually completed a project using a book (Lotta's) as a guide is even more of a feat. Yes, I'm one of those compulsive "I'll reinvent the wheel without help" types.

The black background is not an attempt at being somber/modern or whatever. It just happens to be the top of my desk - where the most decent light is available on a gloomy day!



A little bit of frustration (ok... more like a lot!). Now I'm really not getting ANY notifications of comments made on my blog. I'm trying to keep track of them but if I miss anything just let me know. And as always... thank you for visiting and all your comments are always appreciated!

8 comments:

  1. As a beginner sewer, I'll share in your excitement! Wonderful coasters and beautiful fabric of course. Look forward to many more of your sewing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!!! They look much more profesh than mine! Love the nice big gap between the stitching and the edge! I should get my hand on that lotta book that I keep hearing about...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. It makes me want to make stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful accomplishment!
    Love the fabric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really cool. I really want to buy a sewing machine soon, these look like a good begging project. I'll have to check out that book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! What a neat little simple project! I'm hoping to get my own sewing machine soon! Did you scotchgard them or waterproof them in any way?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mary. :)
    Actually no, I didn't do anything to waterproof them and that's something that I noticed once we started using them that I need to take care of. Your idea of using scotchgard may be just what I need! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hullo--followed a link from Craft! I've been trying out the lotta book, too. And love your coasters. Fantastic material. Also really love your recent curled paper projects.

    ReplyDelete