2015 starts with joy!

Joy collection


Happy new year everyone! Don't you just love the feeling of a brand new year?

When I started to think about what I want to accomplish in 2015 I was working on this new collection. I decided to name it Joy because it was inspired by one of my favorite flowers—the Gerbera daisies. Daisies have always seemed like such cheerful flowers to me. I started sketching them out and whittled down the flowers and leaves to the simplest of forms. I like this part of working because dancing around that line of simple or too simple has always interested me. It feels like a challenging game of sorts (welcome to my inner workings! ha!).

As I designed the patterns I tried coming up with different names for the collection and Joy just kept popping up over and over again. I did feel rather in sync, so clear-headed/focused and energized (almost giddy!) with the creation of every pattern so I guess the name is quite fitting.

The first products using this line can be seen on my Society6 shop. You'll see how I translate this collection to SVG cutting files very soon! 
Joy collection


No new year's resolutions around here! We're going to work on our Happiness Jars. I think it's a great idea and I can't wait to see all my favorite 2015 happy moments at the end of the year!



No comments:

Post a Comment