when in doubt...

tea bag - flowers

I was talking to someone this week about creativity and self-doubt. We were both having our own personal battles but talking it over with someone else is always such a relief. We know we're not alone but until we hear it from someone else it feels like we are. Don't you think?

I just think that creativity and self-doubt is something that just goes hand in hand. It's good to have some of the latter because it makes us really analyze what we are doing. The trick is not to get on the roller coaster where those feelings prevent us from making forward progress with our ideas.

If you're in the same boat, talk to someone about it. I typically check in with my husband. He offers me a different perspective and he always straightens me out. If you don't have someone handy then just ask yourself, "what is the worst that can happen?". The answer to that question, when it's put into actual  words (not feelings) is generally something much smaller than we imagine.

So just get to it—that's what I'm doing this week!


If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint,"
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
  
Vincent Van Gogh


• • •

NEW in the shop: tea bags (love them!), matching journaling flat cards, fans for the crazy heat and photo corners. Enjoy!

tea bags

8 comments:

  1. I love those tea bags! I agree, creativity and self-doubt certainly go hand in hand. It's nice to be able to talk with people who can put it into perspective for us :) Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to imagine somone as creative as you having doubts about their creativity. But I know it happens to me. I guess we all need some affirmation from others. But believe me, there is no question about it - you are very creative and have amazing talent.

    (Ms.) Ernie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what? I know a designer that I admire tremendously who goes through something similar. I really think that it's part of the creative package deal -and thank you! ;)

      Delete
  3. Love the tea bags. And great perspective on creativity and self-doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I think everyone feels this way, and everyone also feels like no one else feels it - I think some just suppress and overcome it better. That van Gogh quote is perfect :)
    Inspiring stuff - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new tea bag holders and the quote is my new favorite! I made your wheel barrow and it turned out great. Your files are amazing. Here is a link if you would like to see the finished project....
    http://paperboutique.blogspot.com/2012/06/wheel-barrow-centerpiece.html

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it Linda!! It looks so amazing with all the flowers. I envisioned this being used as a centerpiece but your version has exceeded what I saw in my head! :)

      Delete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!