easter eggs - svg files

easter

After a few days off with the kids it's so hard to come back! But as is always the case, when I take a break inspiration for other projects kicks into high gear. Now if I can get rid of the back issues I'm having (I messed it up pretty bad—don't move furniture alone! ugh) then I'd be doing great.

For now I do have a little something new to show you—Easter eggs and bows. I'm quite proud of these because not only are these Easter eggs cute for decor (like mobiles, ornaments, place holders, etc) but the same files can be used as gift toppers and bows. Once Easter comes and goes you can use the same holiday decorations for gifts. How's that for a bigger bang for your buck?

eggs turn into bows

Can you believe this is the first time I buy brads? This could get dangerous!

Happy Monday!

• • •

Before I forget...
I've opted out of Pinterest. As much as I enjoyed creating my pin boards and seeing what the rest of you were pinning from my sites I've decided that I can't continue. The terms of service are actually quite ridiculous and as users we are the ones running all the risk. There are many articles out there but this is the most recent one I read and it finally did it for me. I deleted my account and I have installed a "no pin" code (found here) on my blog and site. I hope you understand.

10 comments:

  1. These eggs are so cute.

    I really liked Pinterest! It's too bad about their terms, they are losing a lot of people. Maybe if enough people opt out, they'll change them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth!

      I hope you're right about Pinterest. It's too bad that this is the way things stand right now.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you opted out of Pinterest. I have a real problem with the concept of "pinning" other people's work even if proper credit is given. Original work is copyrighted and many of the artists "pinned" lose a lot of money when their original work is pinned and then used by others. I have decided that for me personally, Pinterest doesn't match the moral rules I have for my life so I don't participate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I forgot to mention how absolutely wonderful your eggs are! So very, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not at all surprised Patricia - my friends and I have been discussing this aspect of Pinterest at great length. I've been hovering over the delete button on my Pinterest account for a number of weeks. I've decided to trawl through all of my pins and record the URLs for my personal reference - then delete. Another useful article here: http://greekgeek.hubpages.com/hub/Is-Pinterest-a-Haven-for-Copyright-Violations
    I like to think that everyone respects the intellectual property of creatives, but, sadly, that's not the case. Keep up your wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see Pinterest more as a free advertisement for any artists pinned. Pinterest provides the link to the original source, while other image sites like Tumblr do not. Also, the nature of Pinterest means that no one believes the owner of the board to be the artist.

    By publishing on the internet, I realise that I am exposed to the copying of my ideas and also that, even with downloading disabled, people can copy my images. As such, I vet my images with that in mind. Someone pinning those images, with the link back, is therefore not something that would bother me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of what you say is true (free advertising) and I vet my work in the same way. Whatever is on the internet you have to essentially be willing to kiss it goodbye (to a degree).

      The HUGE problem with Pinterest is that users are giving persmission to "sublicense, to use, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, view, and otherwise exploit" their pins—that is what I consider completely ludicrous. What happens when someone pins work that isn't theirs and Pinterest uses it as they see fit? Where does that leave the original creator of the image?

      Delete
    2. They provide a link within their UI.

      They STRIP OUT THE FILE INFO!! That means if some saves the photo from their UI, the file no longer has any information linking back to the owner or the copyright status.

      That's why I'm most upset about this. At first I thought cool free publicity, sure, except they're stripping my photos of their file info and then it's just out there with no way for someone to do the right thing even when they want to.

      Also users are encouraged NOT to pin their own work.

      Delete
  6. Tracie - l8dbugpondMar 20, 2012, 12:32:00 PM

    love these and the versatility. so happy they are available at the Silhouette store.

    I too am going to delete my pinterest account as soon as I have my favorite links saved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those eggs are adorable! I want to try to make them with my daughter for Easter!

    As for Pinterest, I don't really see the appeal, tbh. Especially with the new disclaimers and whatnot. I don't really understand I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!