your million dollar dream

I am my own worst critic. I always feel like there is so much more I could be doing and ways in which I can improve. The funny thing is that just as I'm beating myself about one thing or another I have outside input that sets me straight. I am reminded of the fact that I am accomplishing a lot and that even though I still have a lot to learn I should feel free to pat myself on the back.

A few days ago I received an email that informed me that my blog was mentioned in a new book by Tamara Monosoff called, Your Million Dollar Dream: Regain Control & Be Your Own Boss, Create a Winning Business Plan, Turn Your Passion into Profit. My blog was on a list of five that she recommends. To say that I was surprised and flattered is a huge understatement. I purchased the book and sure enough there I am on page 163. Thank you so much to Ms. Monosoff for the mention and kind words.

I'm already half-way through the book and I keep wishing that I'd had something like this when I was starting my business years ago. It's a very easy read and although some chapters aren't quite relevant to my situation since I'm already established in those particular areas, I am finding the tips on marketing very helpful. The reminder about focusing on my goals and pressing forward in a determined fashion has also been good. I've enjoyed the stories she shares of other entrepreneurs and their experiences because they're so inspirational. I think this would be a great book for someone that is just starting out, specially since it's written from the perspective of our current global economy.

So... from where I stand today I think a little pat on the back is in order, right?

Give yourself one or several too. We all deserve it!

5 comments:

  1. ha. i just discovered your blog & work a couple of days ago and thought to myself, wow. she is really living the dream. congratulations! and, thatnks for the heads up on the book, i am totally getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat on the back! Congratulations! And thank you for sharing the darker side too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    I'll have to see if her book is in our local library system...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!