- Magazine (or any other type of paper)
- Glue stick
- Deep frame or card stock
1. Using scissors and a page out of magazine, cut out one heart that is about 3" tall. Use it as a template to cut out a dozen additional hearts.
2. Fold each heart in half and add glue to a 1/4" on the folded border. Attach another folded heart on top of the first one.
3. Repeat step 2 until all the hearts are stacked and glued one on top of another. They will only be attached to close to their folded area.
4. Once it's dry, the heart will fan open. Glue it on the center of a piece of card stock that will fit into the frame.
This heart can also be glued to the center of a piece of card stock and used as a card or gift tag.
If you'd like your heart to look fuller add more hearts.
• • •
If you live in the Houston area and would like to see me work on this project I will be on Going Green with Yolanda Green (Channel 39) on Saturday at noon and again on Sunday at 10am.
Have a great Valentine's Day!
The egg carton heart project can be found here.
EDIT: Below is the video of the show that played locally this past weekend.