break

Sometimes I just need to take a break from 'real' work to play around a bit. It sorts out my brain and it feels like hitting the reset button. It also allows me explore ideas that are always floating around in my head. Lately I've had many and I've acted on exactly... zero. So frustrating and suffocating.

The designs may look familiar. I'm reusing my, now sold out (thank you all!), die cut calendar images. Filing would definitely be a bit more fun with these.



Here are two articles that have me really thinking about my current lack of 'going for it' mentality.
- Push - As Paul says, we need to blaze our own trail and be true to ourselves. I couldn't have read this at a better time.
- You can become and indispensable linchpin The resistance that Godin talks about is exactly what I'm talking about. I need to let it go. So many ideas... so much resistance.

I just need to jump off the cliff! Anyone interested in shoving me over?

9 comments:

  1. Take some time play and to remember that you do this because you like it! You'll have so many ideas that you won't be able to NOT act on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about we all hold hands and jump together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debby - my problem is too many ideas/directions. I need to edit!

    Mom - Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll completely agree to shoving you over, if you agree to grabbing me to help me go over the cliff with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia, thanks for the links, I need that shove too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for linking to such perfect articles. This is the year I am taking the leap, I am crafting wings so I can soar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all for the push and jump. Great links, thanks

    Patricia I too have an issue with too many ideas/directions that I don't even know WHO I AM and can't even accomplish what I think I want to do. I have a website design set up that I think I like but can't seem to publish it because I can't write a bio. So there it sits. Here's to pushing forward. I'm glad I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m so happy to know that I’m not the only one; thank you, so much, to everyone for leaving such honest and delightful comments.
    And a big thank you to you, Patricia, for those links---I’m off to read them now:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Thanks Patricia, for linking to Make and Meaning. I'm glad you enjoyed the article and it's heartening, I think, for people to know that someone as inspiring as you also deals with all these issues. Thanks for being so brave about it and putting it out there.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!