back

Life throws us all some unexpected curve balls, doesn't it? That's what I've been emotionally wrapped up with for the past couple of weeks. A very dear friend of mine, much like a sister, is dealing with some health issues and I just couldn't muster the willpower or energy to blog about anything at all. Creativity was at an all time low—more like non-existent. Medically speaking my friend is in good hands, so now all we have to do is pray that she recovers soon. It will happen.



So, my head was in a creative tail spin and yesterday I got the opportunity to straighten myself out. I took a solo road trip to visit friends and it was just what the doctor ordered. I must say that there is nothing better than a long road and good music (or silence) to straighten me out mentally. It's at the top of my list of remedies.

If I really need some alone time and there's no reason or time to hit the road these are my other options:
- coffee shop
- bookstore
- long walk
- and as a last minute resort... the couch in the dark, with a cup of tea, when everyone is sleeping.

What do you do to recharge and clear the mental cobwebs?

No comments:

Post a Comment