hooked

Last night I felt like crocheting a bit and tried it with paper raffia for the first time. I barely had enough for a quick coaster but it kept me entertained (and awake!) while I took care of some laundry (ahhh... the joys of house chores).

Crocheting, much like knitting, gives me such a warm feeling of stillness and peace. I think that because I learned to do both when I was young and only used them in a carefree way to make play things (clothing and blankets for my dolls), those feelings have and will always be there. That's a comforting thought.

Now I just need to remember to try this paper + hook thing more often. Loved it.




Friday Tidbits
- Janna Syvanoja - amazing recycled paper jewlery
- Jacob Hashimoto - I'm particularly inspired by his installations (scroll to the bottom)

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. That's amazing, it looks really professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your coaster creation! It's really beautiful. Knitting puts me at ease too. I don't do it nearly enough though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I never thought to crochet with rafia. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous! I love the idea of using raffia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it... I just used some lavender raffia the other day, but didn't think to crochet with it. Lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing--now I just need to practice crocheting in a round!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is awesome. I love crocheting and knitting with things other than yarn. I'm going to get back to doing this when I have a bit more time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same peaceful feeling when I have brushes and colors in front of me which also goes back to my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crocheting with rafia? What a nice idea. And I like the result you show us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome idea! love it and the color is great.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!