grateful

I don't think this is particularly tied in with the fact that Thanksgiving is right around the corner but I have to say that I am overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude right now. I can hear my little C singing in her room (a song she's making up as she goes along), D is doing homework (without any of the usual prodding) and Mr. Z is at the grocery store right now, saving me a trip of getting a couple of things we need—and all of the sudden I'm just grateful. That's it. Plain and simple. I'm so easy to please.


I posted this photo a while back, but I just found it again and I have nothing new right now... ;)

Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy -- because we will always want to have something else or something more.
- Brother David Steindl-Rast

Anything making you grateful lately?

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I hear you big time. I am always grateful for those everyday moments that add up to life simply but meaningfully lived. Sounds silly, but I like doing dishes and laundry b/c I'm grateful to have people to do things for...and the opportunity to make their days easier. Thanks for sharing Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Very similar things.

    We were eating dinner, and my youngest son (2yo) was squeezing his green beans and systematically placing them on the windowsill.

    At first, I was annoyed, but then the whole thing struck me as hysterical, and we all had a good laugh. A hearty one.

    The good stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooop! Patricia ... it's Nichole. I was logged into our Amala account and didn't realize it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not silly at all. I'll admit that I don't like doing either of those things but their are days that those same exact thoughts cross my mind- I wish it happened more often. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The other day, my 2-year old dumped out two different 500-piece puzzles on the floor. My first reaction was to be upset and complain to someone about what just happened. Then, as I got on the ground and tried to sort through all the pieces, I realized that I am lucky enough to be at home, with my girls, and the "worst" thing that happened is this pile of puzzle pieces on the floor. It was a simple and strong wake up call for me to appreciate my life just as it is.

    Thank YOU for the lovely reminder to look up and say, "yeah! Life is good."

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!