challenge

I will be making a huge chandelier for the kids' school (cruise themed) fund raiser. I'm torn between excited and worried. I've never worked on such a large scale before. On the other hand, large installation type pieces are something I've dreamed about doing. The chandelier will be a center piece for the room (aka "cruise ship ballroom") and it needs to be really big in order to look proportionate to everything else. I've been doing a little research on shapes and styles. I'm leaning toward doing something a bit more contemporary due to weight and time constraints. I'll try to post some photos as it develops.

If I go the traditional route I will definitely be using Jeff Ruddell's beautiful paper chandelier as inspiration. Isn't it amazing?

5 comments:

  1. Such a coinsidence: I was researching chandellieres just yesterday for the illustration :) Pity I didn't see this spectacular Jeff Ruddell's piece - isn't it an archetype of all chandeliers?

    I will be waiting for you reports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids school is most fortunate to have your talents. I can't wait to see the results.
    Kitt

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chandelier is amazing, definitely inspiring. Can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really can't wait to see what you come up with! Keep us posted - I've been dying to try something like this.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!