anniversary

We celebrated our 12th anniversary on Sunday. We both have a lot more gray hairs (don't be fooled by his—he's only 2 yrs older than me) and some extra pounds, but we're still going strong. If it weren't for the kids we wouldn't know all this time has passed. (A couple of wedding photos here). Love my NN!



We enjoyed a long weekend with the kids (Mr. Z took a couple of days off) because they start school this coming Thursday. The end of the summer is always bitter sweet. On the one hand I want to return to my 'regular' schedule and on the other I know the house will feel so very empty. You can't have it both ways can you?

I'm not up to par so that's another reason for my absence around these parts. I'll be back whenever the antibiotics kick in.

By the way, thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my paper/embroidery piece. I'm almost done with it and I'll be sure to post it when it's complete.

I hope you're all doing well.

15 comments:

  1. congratulations, and it was also our 12 year anniversary on Sunday too!


    I know exactly what you mean about the mixed feelings when the kids return to school. Thankfully here in France ours don't have 'rentree' for another 3 weeks. But it so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! You guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! It really does go so fast. My kids are off to school next week which is new for us, and I'm a bit scared by the empty house. It will be so quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you like my paper bowl, inspired by your work, thanks.

    Have a look at my cardboard label, I hope you find my work inspirational as I find your's truly so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy happy anniversary!!! you guys look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! You look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely and so nice to 'meet' your dh. May you have many more happy years together and I hope you're feeling much better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!my name is Patricia too anda i also celebrate 12 year last sunday :) I'm from Portugal and love you blog
    I hope the best for you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia,

    Happy Anniversary! I just found your blog and have been enjoying looking back through it at all your beautiful projects. I really like seeing the white projects reinterpreted with color. Amazing. How do you do all the work with the Xacto without getting finger blisters?

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy anniversary, and here's to many more happy years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! I am totally jealous. Anyway, congratulations and may your relationship will last forever. Happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!