like gifts waiting to be unwrapped



On Friday we took a tour of the city to show my uncle, who is visiting with his girlfriend, some sights of the city. While we waited to meet up with them and my parents we took a stroll through the The Cullen Sculpture Garden.



I obviously want our kids to pursue their talents and tastes without my biased influence so when they show any self-motivated interest in anything art related I can't help but feel more than a twinge of delight. D was carrying his sketch book in the car and spontaneously started sketching drawings based on the sculptures all around us. I was surprised that he was so sad to leave the garden.



I often wonder what our kids will do when they grow up. My biggest hope is that it's something they love.

As I typed the end of this post I decided to ask the kids what they want to be when they grow up. Little C's answer: An artist or a chef (expected). D's answer: An actor (news to me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment