I've been tagged twice! So here I go.
Maria tagged me for this one:
1 - What was I doing 10 years ago?
I had just graduated from a second college. I was in college for seven years straight. I got my first degree in graphic design and the second in biology (was going to go to med school - didn't - obviously). I was about to celebrate my first wedding anniversary.
2 - What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
Continue to write how-tos; take the kids to swimming lessons; catch up on laundry; figure out what to make for dinner; go to the bank
3 - Snacks I enjoy
Anything baked is the death of me (bread w/some coffee, chocolate chip cookies, etc); sliced almonds - but even better... chocolate covered almonds!
4 - Things I would do if I were a billionaire
- Travel, travel, travel
- If it happened overnight I'd first pay off the debt of everyone in our immediate families and give them extra for fun.
- It would also be great to throw a big party for our closest friends where the party favors are checks to cover all college costs for the kids of the families in attendance and second honeymoon trips for the couples.
- I'd fund a business that I've always had in mind. A combination coffee house/childcare place where the everyday mom/dad could have a place to hang out with some friends, read and maybe do a craft or two, while their kids are in the next room taking an art class or just playing and having fun. There would be a great big double sided mirror between the two rooms. Parents would see their kids but kids wouldn't see them. Everything would be designed in a super clean lined way (danish style?) and eco-friendly from top to bottom. Oh and it would be super affordable. I wouldn't run this place. I would just fund it and go there myself (maybe with a craft group I'd finally gotten around to organizing). I think parents need time to relax in order to be better parents. If there are better parents, kids will grow up healthier and eventually society could be affected as a whole. It all starts from the ground up.
- And travel, travel, travel. Oh did I already say that?
- I've always said that if we won the lottery I'd be happy with winning just enough to cover debts (ours, our parents and siblings) and continue the same life that we have now. That would be the ideal. I've always wondered what billionaires dream about...
5 - Places I have lived
New Jersey, Colombia, Houston, San Antonio, Kingwood (technically part of Houston)
6 - Jobs I have had
Retail clerk at a department store, makeup sales person at a different department store (only 30 days and hated every minute of it - worst job EVER!), teller at several banks, production manager, graphic designer
As long as I'm sharing... This is not a current photo. It's all a mess right now.
The second tag was by Amy. I'm supposed to write about 6 random, unspectacular quirks that I possess. I don't think I'm that quirky but let's see...
- I think I've mentioned this one before. If using a pen it must be black. I just can't use any other color of ink. Can't.
- I always delete photos that show my profile.
- I love the smell of eucalyptus. A quirk in the sense that I really really like it a lot.
- This isn't necessarily a quirk but everyone in my family probably thinks it is - I don't like avocados in any shape or form.
- I must fold towels with the edges on the inside.
- Can't stand colored nail polish on my hands. I hardly ever have any on but if I do it has to be clear. I can be a little more adventurous with my toes but not my hands.
Ok so how'd I do? I know I'm supposed to tag some people but I'm terrible at that so I'll leave this as is. Thanks Maria and Amy!
So what are some of your quirks?