happenings

It was a very busy week and it will be an exciting weekend. I haven't been around by choice but it has been difficult. I miss visiting the blogsphere. I have very exciting projects coming up and I can't wait to share them. For now here are a few photos of the last few days.

My "little" D turned 8 yesterday. I remember the day he was born so perfectly. From the first contractions to the cold hospital room that had me and our new baby snuggling up and sleeping together for the first time. Pure bliss. Feliz Cumpleaños mi nené!



The only semi-crafty thing I can show for now. Done just for fun. It's polymer clay that I stamped with a block that I carved a while back.



I love tulips. I used them for some photos I took this week.



Today I went with the kids to pick up our race bibs. My husband and I have been training for the Houston half-marathon for the past 6 months. We both have one half-marathon under our belts, but this will be the first time we get the chance to run together. Fun! (photo taken by D).

We will hopefully be crossing the finish line on Sunday in a timely, if not record-breaking, time. It was fun showing the kids where mom & dad will be while they drag their sleepy selves out of bed and hang out with my parents.

Watching the workers at the finish line this afternoon, really made my stomach turn for a minute there. Reality has set in. Wish us luck on Sunday morning!



Enjoy the weekend!

9 comments:

  1. if you did an 1/8 of a mararthon, you'd still be a star in my books.

    good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! I have two friends (that I know of) who are running. I'm just in awe of all of you. One friend is in her sixties! Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! that sounds great... My sister ran in marathons before (in Venezuela and Argentina)and I totally WISH I can do something like that! Have a fun and Good Luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--that's wonderful. I'll be thinking of you and I send winning thoughts your way. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to say ... I LOVE your calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, good luck and congratulations for the marathon, that is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope the run went well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GoodLuck & congrats!! It's quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete