thinking ahead



This is what I get for working on my blog at the end of a long day!! I just deleted the post that was here! I'm so sorry to those of you that had already made comments. I was editing some things (like I always have to do a million times because I think faster than I type) and one thing led to another and poof!! the post was gone. I'm too tired to recreate it.

In a nutshell (and without typing the four paragraphs that I had earlier today) - I talked about the future of my shop. There will be no more note cards next year and maybe the offering of some PDF tutorials. I also made a tiny introduction to my three columned blog (courtesy of Jessica's post).

I think it's time to give up for today. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of appropriately priced PDF 'how to' downloads. Low overhead for you and I bet they would sell like hotcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your last post via Bloglines. =) I think PDF tutorials is a fantastic idea!!! I'm excited to see what wonderful craft projects you have in store for us in the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I saw that you deleted your earlier post, but I still had it (I think) on bloglines. Here's a copy of the earlier post I had. Hope it saves you some trouble in recreating it.

    By the way, your work is beautiful - simple but with lovely lines.


    I've been thinking about the work I've been doing for my shop and where I'd like it to go. For starters my block print cards will no longer be available in the new year. Block printing won't be completely out of the picture but it may appear in a different form. My paper cut illustrations will stay but I'm also starting to explore other variations of that medium.

    The other idea I've been pondering (this is where I need your help!), is whether I should offer templates/instructions/tutorials for different projects like the one's I post here (and I'll still be posting) for sale as downloadable PDFs or small booklets for a reasonable fee. So what do you think? Is this a crazy idea? Would there be interest in something like this? I'm really interested in your thoughts so all comments (or emails) are more than welcome. Your feedback will be very helpful.

    So that's where I'm at today. Thinking. Thinking. Thinking. I go through periods of self-evaluating and I'm definitely doing that today.

    Oh... notice anything different around here? Thanks to Jessica and her post about how to change a Blogger template I decided I wanted to try out the three columns here. It seems a little busy - or is that just me? I'm going to live with this for a bit and see if I decide to keep it or not. In the meantime pardon my indecision as I move things around every few hours!

    Back to work... Have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete