Reaching a breaking point!

So much to do and so little time. I wrote out a 'to-do' list and it's quite scary. I'm starting to reevaluate some of the things on there. I want to enjoy the season and not be as overwhelmed as I am now. A big item on there is a project that I've been meaning to start for quite a few days and haven't gotten around to it. I don't want to put it on the backburner because it's a present for my daughter. I absolutely LOVE the dolls that Hillary makes and I want to try to make one myself. Crazy - yes! Wishful thinking - yes! (she's a genius!!!) Since I am definitely not a sewing person and I've never done anything like this before I am completely using her dolls as inspiration.
Hillary states in her blog that anyone can use her ideas as long as it's for personal use and not to profit from. I for one will never enter the sewing world as a business so she doesn't need to worry about that - plus the basic fact that profiting from others' ideas is just one BIG UGLY no-no!!! That would be a discussion for a whole other post. This is going to be a complete trial and error thing. I know, I know great idea to try something like this with only 12 days to go and stressing about so many other things. I'm trying to think of it as a fun thing to do between all the other things. If I finish great if I don't she'll get it a little later. I really admire those that know how to sew and wish I could do it better. My biggest project ever was a bag that I made to carry around all sorts of things when the kids where a little smaller. Wish me luck with this new project! :)


2 comments:

  1. where do you find the time? do you sleep? heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately I've only found time gettting up REALLY early. Today I got up at 3am and went back to bed for a couple of hours at 6:30. It's been crazy for me for the last couple of weeks. It isn't just house stuff (which is an absolute wreck right now!) but mostly my design work. Deadlines are looming for a couple of logos, 5 brochures, 2 websites...need I say more? I try to avoid talking about all this in my blog because I'd just rather talk about more positive stuff - makes me feel better. Like I'm actually getting some good things done! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!