Reaching a breaking point!

So much to do and so little time. I wrote out a 'to-do' list and it's quite scary. I'm starting to reevaluate some of the things on there. I want to enjoy the season and not be as overwhelmed as I am now. A big item on there is a project that I've been meaning to start for quite a few days and haven't gotten around to it. I don't want to put it on the backburner because it's a present for my daughter. I absolutely LOVE the dolls that Hillary makes and I want to try to make one myself. Crazy - yes! Wishful thinking - yes! (she's a genius!!!) Since I am definitely not a sewing person and I've never done anything like this before I am completely using her dolls as inspiration.
Hillary states in her blog that anyone can use her ideas as long as it's for personal use and not to profit from. I for one will never enter the sewing world as a business so she doesn't need to worry about that - plus the basic fact that profiting from others' ideas is just one BIG UGLY no-no!!! That would be a discussion for a whole other post. This is going to be a complete trial and error thing. I know, I know great idea to try something like this with only 12 days to go and stressing about so many other things. I'm trying to think of it as a fun thing to do between all the other things. If I finish great if I don't she'll get it a little later. I really admire those that know how to sew and wish I could do it better. My biggest project ever was a bag that I made to carry around all sorts of things when the kids where a little smaller. Wish me luck with this new project! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment