7 years

7 years

Today I celebrate seven years of blogging. Seven! It seems unreal.

Seven things I've learned:
- Go with the flow of my own creativity and personal pace.
- Stay true to my style. Always.
- Writing is still painful, but I make it work. Pressing "publish" still gives me pause.
- Take breaks when needed. It's better than posting for posting's sake.
- Accept that things are changing in the blogging world. Everyone is so quiet!
- It's great to have a 'specialty' but it's fun to try other things too.
- It's always best to keep learning. There's always room for improvement.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to those of you that have visited . I know there are a million places you could be and the fact that you stop by is still very important to me. I hope that I can continue to teach or inspire you in some way.

7 years

So... onto a few changes:

- Friday Freebie:  I will be posting freebies on Fridays—no strings attached. The files will be two-dimensional (SVG & DXF) and can be used for personal use only. Remember that you can use code seven12 for 30% discount on all A Little Hut products until tomorrow.



- Weekly challenge: I'm going to start a weekly challenge on every other Thursday. It will be based on an inspirational photograph or image. I will start the first challenge next week (May 31st).
- Product/tool reviews: I'll be writing more of these posts as I come across products I use and like.
- Product listings (as you see below): I've always thought these are practical when I've seen them on other blogs. You can see at a glance what product is being used at any given time. Full disclosure: I will earn some commission on these listings.

Just for fun!
Since birthday cards are something that we all need at some point or another I was wondering if anyone would like to show off their work with today's first freebie.

Who's willing to share? If you are, post your project to your blog or elsewhere on the web (ie Flickr) and copy the URL to upload by clicking on the little blue bar below the product listings. I'd love to see what you make!

That's all for now. See you Tuesday. Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment