it finally feels like fall

I don't know if I'm being encouraged by the change of season, but I'm finally getting around to reconnecting with friends and with my own house.

We will be going to a Halloween party and several families that we haven't seen in a long time will be there. The kids are thrilled because it's the first time they can 'officially' wear their costumes. I'm thrilled because adults don't need to dress up—I don't know why I'm not in the mood this year (not that I have been in quite some time). At least the bottle of wine we'll be taking is already dressed for the occasion. It's going to be great to see everyone again.

last halloween project

The glitter on the bat looks so much better in person—so much so, that I think I may be a glitter convert. If you're curious, it's Martha Stewart black glitter. I promise this is the last Halloween project to be seen this year. The holiday isn't here yet and I'm already over it!

i love making these

This is a card design that I came up with recently and I love putting it together. This one in particular will be going to a friend. I need to send her a very heartfelt thank you because she helped us big time this week. We owe her a lot.

I just realized that I miss the simple act of placing a stamp on an envelope and sticking an envelope in the mail box very much.

As far as the house is concerned, I just simply need to get to it. We've been going through the motions and I think I hear the walls calling out for help. Aside from the a couple of things in the kids' rooms and the kitchen, we have completely bare walls. So sad. I do have artwork and photos that I want to put up and I simply haven't gotten to it. Enough is enough already!

• • •

Friday Tidbits
Speaking of fixing up the house, recently I purchased a few things, from very talented people, that will help me in that endeavor.

Crafterall - I've been wanting one of Marnie's pieces for a while and I finally got one which happened to be her 100th piece. Love that.

Mayamade - Read the front of it. Need I say more? I asked Maya a long time ago if she could keep an eye out for burlap from Colombia and she finally found it. I love her work.

Cicada Studio - I already have plans for next year's calendar but how can I pass this one up? My studio needs some color and Michelle's great design will surely help.

Whimy & Spice - Another little purchase because... well, no need for an excuse. Everything is just hands down delicious! Jenna and Mark have no idea how happy I make my husband when I order one of their boxes of goodies.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment