colombia 2010

Colombia - taken from the backyard of a friend's country home

So... we're back from a 20 day trip to Colombia. We visited family and friends and stayed in a small town just outside of the capital Bogotá. The weather was great because we got to escape the crazy summer heat—the highs were in the 60s and the lows in the 40s.

We had a lot of fun things but things could've been better. Little C caught a cold that lasted a few days and then the rest of us fell like dominoes (except D who was the only healthy person in the house). Three treatments with a nebulizer kicked my butt but thank goodness for the soccer World Cup for entertainment purposes while in bed (we are avid fans btw). Needless to say we didn't get to visit or see all the things we wanted to (totally regret not going here), but we made the best of it and we did get spoiled silly.

A lesson I learned: never, ever let the camera battery die on a day when you take a trip to the most beautiful places you've ever visited. The iPhone camera is NO substitute!

Things I'll miss...
The people.
The food.
The mountains.
The architecture.
The people. Yes, that needs to be said again.

Colombia - inside a restaurant

I was in such a rush packing and getting things ready for our trip that I didn't have time to write posts for my blog. That's why I posted twice while I was there but I didn't want to exactly let on that my house was alone and available for pilfering!

We got back Sunday morning and I'm just starting to feel like my normal self again. While I get back in the creative mood here are some photos that I'd like to share of our trip. The whole set is on my Flickr stream here. Photos of our 2006 trip are here.

Colombia -  Mr.Z's aunt's farm/backyard

We had a wonderful time, but I do like being home again too.
Does anyone else feel like they live in a palace when they come back from a trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment