saying it out loud

I want to teach a craft class. I've been thinking about this off and on for quite some time. But this is the first time I say it out loud—all because a friend asked if I'd be interested in doing it. It's kind of scary to put myself on the spot this way but, why not?

My dream would be to have a comfortable studio space where to teach or, dare I say, travel to other cities to be a visiting teacher. But for now, a big table here at home and some interested friends will be wonderful to start off.

Why would I like to teach? Definitely to have interaction with those interested in my ideas. As arduous as it was, writing my book was awesome and sharing tutorials here is also very important to me. But the bottom line is that there isn't anything that can compare to sharing in person. That's why I've loved my two experiences at Maker Faire. I only did two small demos but the opportunity of talking to all sorts of interesting people was awesome.

So, I've said it. Now what? I suppose I should start organizing my thoughts as far as the type of class I'd like to give and reaching out to teachers that are willing to share some advice and tips.

What do you think? Crazy or doable? What about you? What have you been dreaming about doing and haven't done anything about it yet? Sharing may be the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment