comfort zone

paper + thread

Paper will always have the number one spot when it comes to working by hand. But recently I've become increasingly interested in stretching the materials boundary—and thread is calling my name. It's time to expand.

This is a little experiment/study that I cooked up recently. In my head I'm already about 5 steps past this. The trick is to find the time to work on it some more. I want it to be a composition that is ten times bigger and in a custom-made shadow box. Hmmm...

• • • 

Nobody ever died of discomfort, yet living in the name of comfort has killed more ideas, more opportunities, more actions, and more growth than everything else combined. Comfort kills!
- T. Harv Eker


6 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [09 Nov 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with that quote and your thoughts. Sometimes something you are not comfortable with has to be your driving passion. If it's all the same thing, then it gets mundane, even if there is still passion behind it. I painted recently *gasp!* and it was amazing. I hung it in my bedroom and still stare at it every night in awe that 1) I made THAT! and 2) I could be so enveloped in a project again, even for just 48 hours. And it was completely out of my comfort zone. Who'd'a thunk it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! I like your blog! I just wanted to let you know that your flickr link under "find me at" doesn't work. You have some extra http... at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am most often 5 steps further in my head that where I am for real. That in itself creates discomfort (which I guess you're saying is good :-)

    Great quote! Look forward to watching this idea develop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. smile to you !
    [ah thread. gotta love it]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I copied your comment onto my Facebook page - rarely have I received so many comments to a post! It is so clever, and true to so many aspects of life!

    On a different note - I never received the paper quilt that I won a few months back- did you send it? If not - am I still eligible for it?...
    Thanks! Anat

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!