gingerbread house

It seems so appropriate to start off the month with an ornament project. December here already. Can you believe it?

My intention had always been to make all the ornaments from Crafty Tree Trimmings but with everything that is going on I've managed to make only one so far. Here is Betz White's design of a gingerbread house. It's the ornament that my little C asked me to make first.

I always forget how fun it is to sew something by hand—as my critical mind thinks my stitching could've been a bit more even. Hopefully I'll be able to show you how this looks on our tree once we get a chance to decorate our almost empty house. Excuse the gray-day photo.



The photo below is a much better one taken by Betz. It shows the opposite side of the gingerbread house.



If you're interested in making this gingerbread house or any of the other 5 ornaments in the book visit Crafty Pod for more details and purchasing info. The book will only be available until December 31st and please remember that part of the proceeds are going to support Project Linus.

We'd love to see your creations! Join us at the Flickr pool created for all Crafty Tree Trimmings ornaments here and thank you so much to those of you that have supported this project so far.

8 comments:

  1. Eres una artista verdaderamente, en cualquier técnica que utilices.
    Un abrazo.
    a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little felt house is beautiful!

    I couldn't believe how simple this house is to make. Betz White's pattern is genius - very little stitching to this project!

    I can't wait to see another version of your globe ornament - which I just love by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooowwwwwwwwwww!
    As I see ur work is also nice with materials as felt!
    What a cute house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia, the house is super *CUTE*. I wish I can do something like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little house and I'm wondering if you've finished your paper chandelier?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!

    Kim - Thank you for reminding me! I thought I had mentioned that. Because of the crazy last few weeks I wasn't able to work on the project at all. I was very sad about letting that go but there just wasn't any time to fit it in. I still want to make one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! how cute is that & no calories too :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!