just thoughts

I just deleted a long post that I had ready to go. I know, maybe I shouldn't have done that. On the other hand, just writing out my thoughts was all that I needed. In lieu of my ramblings I leave you with a couple of quotes that sum up how I feel right now.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

- ­Mark Twain.

It's time to start living the life that you've imagined.
- Henry James

10 comments:

  1. How lovely! Thank you for the reminders to seize the days. I, too, often find the act of writing an intrinsically therapeutic answer to the questions tumbling around in my heart and mind. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how much I needed your post right now. This very moment. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna (onelittlemonkey)Sep 30, 2009, 6:32:00 AM

    Great quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hit the nail on the head. Thank you for such inspirational words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need poster-size versions of those quotes on my ceiling so they are the first things I see when I wake up. I'm definitely stuck in a rut and have fear about change. But I don't want to have regrets when I'm on my deathbed!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quotes! I have another one that you mite like: "The way to the real future lies in the direction where your fears grow". Ursula Le Guin, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been deleting long thoughtful posts too.

    This sounds very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting these - I need them both right now. I think we stumble onto these things for reasons that are much bigger than us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two years later your post still helps someone: me :)
    Next year will be a year of major changes and this is frightening. I made some decisions that I hope will help me in following my dream: card making. It's a long run but I must start at some point.
    I just found your blog and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!