This is a little quick project I thought of doing this afternoon (a rainy one again). It's another way to get rid of some junk mail in a more useful way.
I'm always carrying around little pieces of paper with lists on them. These matchbooks will allow me to have them all in one place and recycle some paper at the same time. The outer cover came from a box of paper samples that I've had for a long time. The actual pages of the books are junk mail letters that we've gotten in the past few days. I'll only be able to use one side of the pages because each has something printed on the opposite side.
I used a double fold to make the "spine" sturdy.
I stapled everything together before trimming.
Trimming after stapling ensures a nicer finish.
I thought the covers looked a little plain so I added a scrap of a block print test (silver ink) that I had from another day. My OCDish side keeps looking at those poorly aligned staples, but they're staying as is. One of my intents with my recycling projects is to be more spontaneous and less worried about a perfect outcome. Easier said than done. ;)